Category Archives: Beauty
We came across this fab manicure on Dressed Up Nails and totally fell in love. These fun nails we’re inspired by the Golden Ratio, a math and art ratio principle, but it totally reads pretty, on trend, color blocking.
Colors Used :
To celebrate the beginning of spring 2013, Estee Lauder has launched their Pure Color Nail Lacquer Heavy Petals collection. This limited-edition collection is full of fabulous shades that accentuate nails with a touch of pop, fantasy and trend.
“In Nail there is a lot of fantasy and color and nothing is more rich in color and sensation than Paris in Spring,” stated Tom Pecheux Creative Director for the brand. “For this collection, I thought of amazing bouquets from the flower markets, the pretty pastels of children’s carousels and the pops of color from macaroons.”
We found this awesome nail tutorial on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.
It’s super easy and turned out great so we thought we’d share!
Since Fashion Week is the preview for all the great trends coming our way, and the spring season upon us we wanted to share some of our favorite beauty trends for Spring 2013!
The Deep Blue (and Green) Sea
Somehow in the middle of a busy work day we managed to find a little time to search Pinterest (because there’s always time for Pinterest) for some Valentine’s Day manicure inspiration. We came across this pic and knew we had to try it. It actually was pretty simple and turned out great!
- Paint four nails with the Essie A-list and one nail, which ever you like, we chose the ring finger, with the OPI Alpine Snow.
- Be sure to let them dry completely, especially the white nail.
- To be resourceful we used some of our shipping label paper and cut out a heart shape (if you’re bold enough to try the shape free hand go for it!).
- Apply the cut out heart to the nail and paint the cut out section with the A-list red.
- Let it dry, or at least wait until the paint it tacky, then peel it off.
- Use a q-tip and some nail polish remover to clean up the edges.
- Finish with a top coat and Voila!
What are your favorite V-day nail ideas?
We came across a recent post from the always amazing Beauty Department, and had to share this awesome find. This tutorial includes a few inspiration photos using a gold sharpie to make your nails even more fab. Check it out!
- Goes on top of a dry coat of nail polish or on top of gel nails smoothly.
- If you mess up, you can wipe it off gently with rubbing alcohol without smudging your polish– this literally makes your nail kinda like a dry erase board!
- Let the metallic paint dry and then add your top coat. I painted my top coats on pretty quickly and had zero problems with smudging or discoloration.
- The pens come in gold and silver.
- Sharpie also makes “paint pens” and these are NOT those, so make sure you get the one above in the photo. The other ones have a rougher pen tip and don’t work the same.
Once again Pinterest has changed our lives! We stumbled across this hair tutorial pin and HAD to try it. We’re happy to report this tutorial is super easy, super fabulous and it WORKS!
Here’s what you do:
You can also check out this awesome video!
Dark nail polish for base color
Light color for base of nebula
Two to three bright nail polish colors to create nebulae
Piece of paper
Here are their step by step instructions so you can try it for yourself!
APPLY BACKGROUND COLOR AND FIRST NEBULA’S HIGHLIGHT
Using a dark shade, preferably a deep blue or black, apply one or two coats of nail polish on top of your base coat to serve as the base color of your space design. Then sponge on your first layer of light color (we used a pale green) in thin layers and allow to dry. This serves as a starting highlight in the background of your nebula.
CREATE THE NEBULAE
Use a sponge to lightly dab a thin layer of a bright color (we chose pink) onto the base of your nebula. If you get too much polish on the sponge, just dab it off on the paper. Wait one to two minutes between each application so that the colors can dry. When you put another coat on top of a color, the lacquers re-activate and are easier to blend because the layers are wet again. Repeat process with as many colors as you want.
ADD GLITTER AND TOP COAT
Add stars by applying one or two coats of a glitter polish on top of your design. We suggest using a nail polish that contains different size glitter to give the illusion of dimension and distance. To make sure your new space-age manicure will last, apply a top coat and you’re ready to blast off!
We’re getting into the Halloween spirit a little early this year with this adorable Candy Corn Manicure. It’s super easy to do using tape to create the lines. Or if you dare, be bold and try free hand!